How to send your fan mail and autograph requests to Stephen Dorff?:
If you want to request an autograph, follow the guidelines bellow. If you just want to mail a letter with the address above, and do not want anything back, then you can stop reading! If you live in USA send a properly stamped and self addressed envelope (minimum size 8.5″ x 4″) with your request letter and a photo. You can include a piece of cardboard to keep the photo from bending in shipping and also add “Do Not Bend” on the envelopes. Send your letter and wait. On average, there is going to be a 3+ month wait for a response. If you do not live in USA, add several* International Reply Coupons. The International Reply Coupons (IRC) will be used by the receiver to purchase american stamps. You can only get them at your post office. Place the IRCs into the envelope, not on it. For more information on reply coupons click here. *For information on postage prices to receive a letter from USA click here
Some Fan-Mail Tips
- It goes without saying that your letter should be written in a very polite tone. Do not write anything that could be considered offensive. Choose your words carefully.
- Read your letter carefully and make sure it doesn’t contain any typos or spelling errors. Spelling errors may easily ruin the presentation.
- Please keep in mind that Stephen is a very busy man. Be concise, positive and original, and try to focus on the most important things you want to say.
- Always enclose a Self Addressed, Stamped Envelope (SASE): The SASE can be used as a return envelope for Stephen’s reply (if any). If you send along your own item for his to sign, make sure the SASE (with the correct postage amount) is large enough for the item.
- If you don’t send his an item to sign, he might send you a pre-printed photograph. What’s the difference between a pre-printed, signed photo and a signed photo? The pre-printed photo is a mass-duplicated photo which has been copied from a signed photo (but the signature is still authentic, of course). If you send him your own item to sign however, the signature will be unique.
- Keep in mind that if you order a signed photo from an autograph dealer, you might risk getting a photo with a faked autograph (despite authenticity ‘guarantees’). If you’re really interested in a genuine autograph, it’s worth spending some time and money by sending a letter to Stephen himself (which may be even cheaper than buying through dealers). At the same time you’ll let him know that you appreciate him.
- It may take several months before you get a reply, if any.
Media Talent Group
9200 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069